Subject: Duty Rates for shipping gaming consoles to Egypt
From: "Kartik p . rao" <[email-masked]>
To: Borderlinx <[email-masked]>, mohd ahmed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 04:12:38 +0530 (IST)

Please find update from IT | LTK1221604391943X 

Dear CS 

There is no problem with T&D&S calculating 

The duty rate for Products that belong to the category gaming consoles (playstations,xboxes and such) have been changed for Egypt to 100% 
because it was 0% until recently, and we were charged by the Egypt customs through DHL invoices. 

The hs code for that group of products was 847180 and for Egypt that has code has 0% Duty rate. 

But all this time DHL have been charging us duty for those products, so we changed the hs code for that group of products to 950410 with 10% duty rate . 
Since we continued to loose a lot of money on those products Sebastien Dubuisson had us change the duty rate for that group of products to 100%. 

As for this customer 0791-2858, Shaaban Khaled. 

He has been buying gaming consoles using our service (448 consoles) over a period of 11 months free of duty charge. 
And that is our fault. 
But we can not let that happen any more. 

So the duty rate of 100% will stay until we figure out how much the Egypt customs (through DHL) is actually charging us for the import of products that belong to 
this category. 

I have attached an analysis of this member orders. 

Best 

Jovan Ivanov