Subject: Peak Communication, Yodel Network & Updated Recommended Last Posting Dates
From: Sylwia Adamczyk <[email-masked]>
To: Ashwinee Latchayya <[email-masked]>, Megha Chopra <[email-masked]>, Nikodem Lucka <[email-masked]>, Raya Petranova <[email-masked]>, Myles Ward <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 13:03:04 +0100

Hello!

Just received the following communication from our UK carrier.
In case you receive any questions from UK sellers regarding last posting
dates, this might be helpful:

*Dear Valued Client, As we all know this time of year is extremely busy for
all parcel networks, this year however is extremely difficult due to the
increase in sales over the Black Friday weekend - in excess of 30% higher
than last year, coupled with the ongoing and relentless Royal Mail strikes.
Royal Mail Group are responsible for delivering over 25% of all packet and
parcel deliveries in the UK, with the ongoing industrial action these
parcel volumes are now being driven into alternative UK carrier networks,
often with no warning, this unprecedented surge in volumes have created an
extremely challenging landscape for all UK parcel carriers this year. We
have been working extremely closely with Yodel during the last few weeks,
they have implemented double shifts in sort to limit any bottle necks, they
are delivering 7 days a week, and as TDG process and deliver your parcels
to the local Yodel delivery offices we have been able to ensure a good
consistent delivery KPI with over 90% of parcels being attempted on time.
Yodel are ensuring the first parcels received are the first to go out too
(FIFO), preventing unrecoverable back logs in their depots, it is important
to us all at this time that we understand the pressures they are operating
with, with record volumes, in a challenging landscape driven by
circumstances outside of any of our controls. Please remain patient and
allow additional time for your parcels to be delivered for the remainder of
the peak festive period. Also given that Royal Mail changed and pushed
forward their last posting dates last Friday with no notice, our carrier
partners have seen a further surge in volumes as more and more retailers
move their parcels away from Royal Mail, we therefore need to advise you of
updates to our advised last posting dates. Please note we always advise to
send items earlier wherever possible to avoid disappointment. If your items
are urgent we are able to offer you 24hr and 48hr services for your UTrak
and 48hr Mini items to ensure delivery prior to Christmas, please speak to
your Account Manager if you need to access these services. Recommended last
posting dates for eCommerce services in the UK are now: *
*Service* *Last Posting Date*
*UTrak Packet and Yodel 48h Mini Packet* *Friday 16th December*
*Yodel 48h* *Monday 19th December*
*Yodel 24h* *Tuesday 20th December*

* Items sent after these dates still may arrive before Christmas, however
there are no guarantees. We would like to thank you for your business and
ongoing support during this time. We wish you, your teams and your families
a Merry Christmas from us all at The Delivery Group Kind Regards*

The Delivery Group
Reg. Company no. 07621335

Kind Regards,

Sylwia Adamczyk
Customer Support
Team Leader