Subject: Re: macros for Red Yeast Rice
From: [email-masked]
To: "- Dr. Sam Robbins -" <[email-masked]>, "Deb ([email-masked])" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 17:04:15 -0800

Hi Dr. Sam,

I've saved the macro under 'Red Yeast Rice - FDA Warning' and notified
the team about it.

Thank you,

AJ

HFL Customer Support

----- Original Message -----
From: "- Dr. Sam Robbins -" <[email-masked]>
To:<[email-masked]>, "Deb ([email-masked])"
<[email-masked]>
Cc:
Sent:Fri, 6 Dec 2019 16:49:36 -0800
Subject:macros for Red Yeast Rice

Hi Team / LSM - can you please make a "Macro" for the Red Yeast Rice -
FDA Warning with the following
Dear ,

	Thank you for your email, however, there's nothing to worry about.
Here is the response from Dr. Robbins on the FDA article on CholesLo:

----- Dr. Robbins' Reply -----

	I've spoken to the FDA about this. Unfortunately, they weren't very
helpful because they didn't have any information to report back to me.
I asked them why and for the test results, etc., etc. No answer. "We
don't have this information right now"

However, CholesLo contains Red Yeast Rice extract. Which we've posted
at https://www.choleslo.com/sub/ingredients.php [1] ... This Extract
contains a NATURAL form of Lovastatin. In fact, this is where the
pharmaceutical companies originally found Lovastatin (and then
trademarked and sold as Mevacor and Altoprev).

Just as Aspirin was first found in White Willow Bark Extract.

So YES, by using any REAL form of Red Yeast Rice EXTRACT (not the dead
root), you will have small amounts of Lovastatin. The FDA knows this
already. So, why is it after 20+ years they've now started this, I
don't know. THIS is what I tried to find out today, but no answer.

The odd part is that it's LEGAL to buy, use and sell. Yet, they've put
this FDA notice as if we are using drugs, but we aren't. THIS is in
fact, why they have NOT contacted us or told us to stop selling.

Again, it's just odd to me.

	Lastly, just how much naturally occurring Lovastatin is found in
CholesLo? Based on the variants of the natural extract, there's about
200 mcg - 250 mcg per 1 pill. NOTE, this is in MCG and NOT the MG
dose. So that's about 0.2 mg - 0.25 mg per 1 pill. Taking the general
dose of 4 daily, this is about 1 mg or less of total Lovastatin. The
lowest prescription dose is 20 mgs, to the maximum dose of 80 mgs
daily. 

	Thus, CholesLo contains 1/20th to 1/80th of the dose.  Nothing that
can cause any "statin" negative (or even positive) effects. CholesLo
works because of the combination of ingredients, which has the goal of
health LIPID levels, not just "cholesterol".

So, the bottom line is that any time you use real, Red Yeast Rice
EXTRACT, you will have small amounts of NATURAL occurring Lovastatin.
And in CholesLo's case, it's not negligible because it's so small.

I hope this helps answer your question or give more clarity to your
concerns.

	Warmest Regards

	Dr. Sam Robbins 

Links:
------
[1] https://www.choleslo.com/sub/ingredients.php