Subject: HFL Database
From: Phaedrus Arif <[email-masked]>
To: Saurabh Dadu <[email-masked]>, Deeksha Dadu <[email-masked]>, Ashish Dabral <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 21:30:59 +0530

Hi Saurabh/Deeksha

I hope this email finds you all in good health and high spirits.
Dr. Sam shared an email from you (Saurabh) prompting him to change the
passwords of Ultracart as someone could have been attempting to hack the
data from UC. I was looking into it as one of the customers called in to
inform, he received a call from +1 206 426 2395 on May 28th, the day after
he placed an order (EH-202105271133-477301) with us, where the scammer
pretended to be an HFL associate, had all the details of the cx including
his shipping address, his recent order details with us and of course, the
last 4 digits of the CC, and offered him a 15% discount to obtain his CC
information which led to a scamming charge of over $400 on the cx CC where
the cx shared an authorization/approval code from the bank with the scammer.

Now my understanding/assumption at this point is if the data hasn't been
hacked from our end, then there could be a possibility of someone from the
LSM team who may have taken down all the details and called the customer
and processed his credit card online for the merchant belonging to a
country that requires an authorization code.

What could we do to track down or ensure the safety of such sensitive
information?  I asked the customer to share the details of the merchant
where the charge came from and called the scammer's phone number that took
me to an IVR prompting me to leave a voice message. Here's the merchant
detail:

May 28, 2021

GIFTCARDCABIN EPLKORT 6788358467 GA
326.85 USD @ 1.244700000000
$406.85
Please check and share your thoughts.

Thanks
Arif
Cheers to life :-)