Subject: Updates to our Privacy Policy
From: "Slack" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 09:08:26 +0000

December 2019

Updates to our Privacy Policy

Hello,

In support of upcoming changes to data privacy laws, we’re making a
few updates to our Privacy Policy
[https://lesmillsworkspace.slack.com/x-p494605066437-845006733143-865131523315/privacy-policy-update],
list of Slack Subprocessors
[https://lesmillsworkspace.slack.com/x-p494605066437-845006733143-865131523315/slack-subprocessors],
and Data Processing Addendum (DPA)
[https://lesmillsworkspace.slack.com/x-p494605066437-845006733143-865131523315/terms-of-service/data-processing].

---

Here’s a quick summary of the changes:

- Improved clarity and transparency. We’ve updated our Privacy Policy
to make it clearer and more understandable, and described our data
processing practices in more depth.
- CCPA. The upcoming California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) places new
obligations on organizations that collect personal information of
California consumers. As a result, we’re updating our Privacy Policy
to include a description of additional rights granted by CCPA and
provide California consumers with required disclosures about the
collection of personal information. We’re also updating our DPA for
customers that are regulated businesses that use Slack as a Service
Provider.
- APEC. We’re also announcing Slack’s commitment to comply with APEC
Cross Border Privacy Rules (CBPR). This system provides a framework for
organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred
among participating APEC economies.
- Slack Certified and other updates. We’re introducing certifications
and other educational programs so that admins, developers, and other
Slack users can demonstrate their qualifications. We also continue to
expand into new geographies so have updated our list of corporate
affiliates that may be Subprocessors.

---

Need assistance? Drop us a note at [email-masked]. And as always,
thank you for using Slack.

The team at Slack