Subject: We’re updating our Privacy Policy and tools
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 18:31:19 +0000 (UTC)

Updates to our Privacy Policy and tools

Hello,

Slack is committed to helping teams around the world work better,
together. As part of our growth and in support of upcoming changes to EU
data protection law, we’re launching new tools and features and
updating our Privacy Policy
(https://bombshell-team.slack.com/x-294984175473-333987154486/privacy-policy-updated)
and User Terms
(https://bombshell-team.slack.com/x-294984175473-333987154486/terms-of-service/user-updated).

Here’s a quick summary of the changes:

• Improved clarity and transparency. We’ve re-organized our Privacy
Policy to make it clearer and more understandable, defined key terms,
described our data processing practices and included examples showing
how Slack implements this Policy.
• GDPR updates. The upcoming General Data Protection Regulation
(https://bombshell-team.slack.com/x-294984175473-333987154486/gdpr)
places new obligations on organizations that process EU personal data.
As a result, we’re updating our Privacy Policy and User Terms to
better explain our relationship with our customers and users.
• Tools and features. We’re introducing a profile deletion tool
(https://get.slack.help/hc/articles/360000360443), updating our import
and export tools
(https://get.slack.help/hc/articles/204897248-Guide-to-Slack-data-exports),
and improving our workspace settings center
(https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/360000355143) so you can see
your team’s plan, admins and settings.

We hope these updates will help make work a little more pleasant and
productive, wherever you’re based. Need assistance? Drop us a note at
[email-masked]. And as always, thank you for using Slack.

The team at Slack