Subject: Changes to YouTube's Terms of Service
From: YouTube <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 22:45:48 -0700

You're receiving this email because we're updating the YouTube Terms of  
Service  
<https://notifications.google.com/g/p/AD-FnEylNFmMRGj_PzWYBcpZj4H6nkgwekY-Jmjy87Pi9IUKAQX14zX0fpwJBplszQdtETWjf5GEjn3rAshJ2vlP-99OuyaS0AoBMhPB11o>   
('Terms') to clarify our terms and provide transparency to our users. The  
Terms were similarly updated in the United States in November 2020. These  
changes shouldn't significantly alter your access or use of the YouTube  
service.

A summary of the changes:

* Facial recognition restrictions: The Terms of Service already state that  
you cannot collect any information that might identify a person without  
their permission. While this has always included facial recognition  
information, the new Terms make that explicitly clear.

* YouTube's right to monetise: YouTube has the right to monetise all  
content on the platform, and ads may appear on videos from channels not in  
the YouTube Partner Programme.

* Royalty payments and tax withholding: For creators entitled to revenue  
payments, such payments will be treated as royalties from a US tax  
perspective, and Google will withhold taxes where required by law.

Please make sure that you read the updates to the Terms carefully. The new  
Terms  
<https://notifications.google.com/g/p/AD-FnExJsAk0Jw6zsHEjGzY1bdnChe9z9Bk6JIRnmL6P0gFoGVH3lwvpUM2YoLk-B6WxVc8neeYuCRYdMsTyzMUwXJIaRZ6K55slR5jzooZVSw>   
will take effect on 1 June 2021 for users outside the US. By continuing to  
use YouTube after this date, you are agreeing to the new Terms. Please  
note, if you allow your child to use YouTube Kids, then you are agreeing to  
the new Terms on behalf of your child as well.

If you would like more information, visit our Help Centre  
<https://notifications.google.com/g/p/AD-FnExRq6enIqfDwyNnQ3BRqbjmCZXQD6NW6HPow7O5ARpWkp6NfHLF4bdx0PJaPcC6Bj7sLnI8G07qWEWKW2a7-dNfWv_he2IIRRIaTbABCk8KWtit1FniNYs8LdYG1Q-SUeDf0mN-mqE> .

You received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about  
important changes to the YouTube Terms.

(c) 2021 Google LLC d/b/a YouTube, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066