Subject: Ticket Assigned - Supporting EYFS across the UK in 2022
From: Mothercare-BAH <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 10:46:17 +0000

Hi Ali Atef,  A new ticket has been assigned to you. Please follow the link below to view the ticket.  Supporting EYFS across the UK in 2022 Mothercare can help support schools during covid-19 

 

Dear , 

I think we can all agree that every child deserves the best possible start
in life to ensure that they are able to achieve their full potential. In the
early years their experiences affect them as they grow up. The Early Years
Foundation Stage looks to ensure that all early years children are provided
with the highest quality early learning experience. This is extremely
important as it is likely to have a major impact on the rest of their lives.

With this in mind we have launched a range of educational picture books in
the UK that we would like you to be involved in, the 10Tickers. The 10Ticker
books are aimed at 3-5 year olds. The content of each book provides learning
experiences and activities that offer a broad range of knowledge and skills,
which broadly reflect Early Years curricula globally. The books intend to
foster and engender positive attitudes to learning as children play, explore
and develop. 

The authors, a mother and son duo, have over 100 years educational
experience between them. Jean Fisher is a former head teacher, university
and PGCE lecturer, and Ofsted Inspector. Ian Fisher is a former maths
teacher who set up the ground breaking 10Ticks maths websites. The 10tickers
are a branch of the 10ticks maths educational resources that are delivered
in 70% of secondary schools. They were shortlisted in the Teach Early Years
Awards 2020. 

Each book is supported with the feature of QR codes, whereby children can
access online content, from simple activities to games and pdfs. We also
feature free supporting materials for teachers and families on the website.
If you would like to browse our website where you will find the many
different supporting activities to the books, along with a page viewer to
look inside the books, please visit:  <http://www.10tickers.com>
www.10tickers.com 

 

 

 

 

Young children learn best through play. The Ticker books provide an
excellent resource for them, together with their parents, carers and
teachers, to experience the joy of learning about words and numbers, shape
and colour, in ways that are playful, engaging and enjoyable.     Professor
Lesley Abbott, Professor of Early Childhood Education

                Importance of story telling

The importance of storytelling cannot be undervalued. Children being read to
and told stories, not only in the years before they start school, but also
throughout their education, plays a vital role. Storytelling stretches
childrens vocabularies, expands their horizons and extends their ability to
learn.

A 2003 American study called The early catastrophe by Professors Hart and
Risley, found that an American child from a professional family will
experience 2,153 words an hour by the age of 3. This compares to a child
from the most disadvantaged background who will experience only 616 words an
hour.

That amounts to a 30-million-word gap between the least and most advantaged
3-year-old.

Similar findings exist in the UK. According to Department for Education data
on early years pupils, the widest attainment gap, when comparing pupils
eligible for free school meals and all others, is in reading and writing.

Cognitive scientist Daniel Willingham has written the more words a child
knows at an early age, the greater their ability to read challenging texts.
This in turn increases their ability to learn more words. The word gap which
researchers identify amongst children aged 3, can be a gulf by the time
pupils take their GCSEs.

Given the gift of reading, a childs life chances need not be limited by
their social or economic background. 

Supporting childrens development during covid-19 

Research from the Social Metrics Commission estimates that more than half of
the 4.5 million children in poverty in the UK live in a family where the
youngest child is under the age of five and the situation is predicted to
grow. Growing up in a disadvantaged home can have negative consequences for
a childs future life prospects. Young children from disadvantaged
backgrounds already have lower educational outcomes than their peers by the
age of five. 

Children have been hugely impacted by nursery and school closures during
lockdown and disadvantaged children are likely to be the most seriously
affected. High quality early years settings are known to have a positive
impact on child development, attainment and outcomes in adult life, with
disadvantaged children particularly benefiting, so it is feared these
children are being disproportionately affected during lockdown.

School budgets have been decimated and many poorer schools cannot afford to
support their disadvantaged pupils with extra materials to help. The Sutton
Trust state that school funding has a larger impact on disadvantaged pupils
and can make a significant difference to their achievement at school. This
is where we can help and do something together to help benefit these schools
and their pupils. 

 

 

 

Helping teachers with budget cuts 

In a time of austerity, in which 91% of schools have had their funding per
pupil cut with a decrease of 8% of per pupil spending in England since 2010,
we believe this could be a great initiative for someone like you to get
involved, by sponsoring us and delivering this great CSR initiative.

Heres what one teacher from St Hilda's CE Primary School had to say about
the books: Well thought out books which are engaging and age appropriate.
Our EYFS have enjoyed learning with them, the QR code is particularly useful
and gives lots of new resources. Definitely a worthwhile investment. The
illustrations are superb as well.

The proposal

10ticks is currently supporting all UK Primary schools with free access to
our 10ticks.co.uk and 10ticks.com websites thanks to CSR sponsorship from
another company. So far over 1200 primary schools have access to our
resources absolutely free, which has been of great benefit to these schools.

 

We are proposing another CSR initiative with our 10Tickers book series for
your club to be a part of. This a unique offer as we can contribute to as
many or as few schools as youd like. To take part in this initiative and
deliver the books to a 1000 schools, the cost would be £35,000.  This could
be a national effort to schools that need the help, or randomly selected. We
can also target schools in your community and give the book sets to your
local area. We can offer special print editions with Mothercares branding
on the inside so that children see this in the books. This would enable your
club to capture supporters early, whilst giving longevity to the branding of
your club in the community.

If this is something that interests you then please do not hesitate to get
in touch. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind Regards,

Daniel Walker 

Marketing and Business Development Manager

10ticks.co.uk

Tel:   01204 584876

 https://landmarkgroupservice.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/3998076